2018 COMPETITION BRIEF
- The competition is open to all Singaporeans, PRs and ASEAN citizens.
- Youth Category: Participants should be between the age of 18 and 25 years old as at 31 Dec 2018
- Young Adults Category: Participants should be between the age of 26 and 35 years old as at 31 Dec 2018
- Participants should possess a strong passion for the environment and demonstrate abilities as change-makers with at least a 3-year track record in practicing and/or advocating environmental conservation
- Participants should be influencers with strong social media or other publicity network and effective communication skills.
- A strong presence in related circles, such as NGOs, school CCAs and/or social media platforms is desirable.
- Winners should also be able to commit to the trip to Raja Ampat, Indonesia from 29 September to 13 October 2018. It will also be a requirement for winners to transcribe and share their experiences on the website or/and social media platforms identified or organized by the organisers.
An amazing 13-day diving cum expedition to the Coral Triangle at Raja Ampat led by Dr Sylvia Earle and Michael Aw, founder of OceanGeographics
Requirements of Participants
Participants are to send in their applications with the following:
- 3,000-word essay on solutions on either of the following themes:
- o Coral reef conservation in Singapore and the Region
- o Reduction in plastic waste by individuals and organisations
- A comprehensive publicity and social media plan on how the Winner intends to share his/her experience after the expedition to a larger community and provide an estimated outreach.
The essay needs to convey and demonstrate a participant’s in-depth understanding, insight and ideas to address environmental issues. Supporting photos, clippings on communications, media (online or print), video, or any other creative ways, etc will be encouraged.
All submissions have to be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions deadline extended to 30 July 2018!
Requirement of Top 10 Finalists
Selected participants will have to conduct a presentation in front of a judging panel of experts in their relevant fields. Finalists are free to adopt creative and effective presentation approach.
Requirements of Winners:
- The Winners will be required to submit a report (2,000 words) with photos & video on their experience and learning from the expedition within 3 months of the expedition. The winners will support the organisers to serve as champions to influence and inspire youths and a larger community.
- Each winner is required to take part in a minimum of 4 outreach activities organized or recommended by the organisers within the first two years of winning the award.
- Each winner will be an automatic member of the CDL E-Generation Alumnae to continue championing environmental conservation on a voluntary and friendly basis.
- Should the winners organize or publicize their expedition, they will have to attribute CDL and key sponsors of the CDL E-Generation Challenge in all collaterals and/or event materials