CDL E-GENERATION CHALLENGE 2022
The most deserving winner will stand a chance to win a 2-week dream Antarctic Climate Epic Expedition with Dr Sylvia Earle, one of TIME Magazine’s “Heroes for the Planet”, on a state-of-the-art expedition vessel aptly named the ‘Sylvia Earle’. Runner-ups will win a 2-week educational trip with Earth Company, located in Ubud, Bali.
The window for human intervention to address climate change is closing fast. Youths are the catalyst for change, and can help propel climate action. CDL is calling for eco champions in Singapore and ASEAN from age 18 to 35 (as at 31 Dec 2022)! Tell us your thoughts on “Why and how should we achieve a low-carbon lifestyle”.
Join the challenge today at www.tinyurl.com/egen2022. Submissions close on 30 June 2022.
- The competition is open to all Singaporeans, PRs and ASEAN citizens.
- Participants should be between the age of 18 and 35 years old as at 31 Dec 2022.
- Participants should possess a strong passion for the environment and demonstrate abilities as change-makers.
- A strong social media or other publicity network and effective communication skills would be an advantage.
- A strong presence in related circles, such as NGOs, school CCAs and/or social media platforms is desirable.
- Winners should be able to commit to the trip in Q1 or Q2 2023, details of the trip will be shared once the COVID situation has stabilised.
- An amazing 2-week expedition to Antarctica or Bali!
Requirements of Participants
Participants are to send in their applications with the following:
 5-8 min video
- Self introduction.
- Involvement or interest in sustainability and environmental conservation.
- Video should convey and demonstrate participant’s understanding, insight and ideas to address the topic – “Why and how should we achieve a low-carbon lifestyle?”
- Supporting photos, clips on communications, media (online/print), or any other creative expressions are encouraged.
 A comprehensive publicity and social media plan on how the Winners intends to share his/her experience after the expedition to a larger community and provide an estimated outreach.
All submissions to be sent to www.tinyurl.com/egen2022
For further enquires please email email@example.com
Requirement of Top 10 Finalists
Selected participants will have to conduct a presentation in front of a judging panel of experts in their relevant fields. Finalists are free to adopt creative and effective presentation approach.
Requirements of Winners:
- The Winners will be required to transcribe and share their experiences on the website or/and social media platforms identified or organized by the organisers (min 500-1000 words).
- Winners should submit a report (2,000 words) with photos & video on their experience and learning from the expedition within three months of the expedition. An event, workshop or outreach programme can alternatively be organised to share their findings in place of an essay.
- The winners will support the organisers to serve as champions to influence and inspire youths and a larger community.
- Each winner is required to take part in a minimum of four outreach activities organized or recommended by the organisers within the first two years of winning the award.
- Wach winner will be an automatic member of the CDL E-Generation Alumnae to continue championing environmental conservation on a voluntary and friendly basis.
- Should the winners organize or publicize their expedition, they will have to attribute CDL and key sponsors of the CDL E-Generation Challenge in all collaterals and/or event materials.
*Organisers of the CDL E-Generation Challenge reserve the right to withhold the prizes if there are no deserving winners.