CDL E-GENERATION CHALLENGE 2019
This year’s edition, CDL E-Generation Challenge 2019, was launched on 21 November 2018 at the Arctic Seminar, held with the Swedish Ambassador for Arctic Affairs and the Director of the Polar Research Institute, at the Singapore Sustainability Academy.
10 finalists presented their understanding about the effects of Arctic climate change on Asia, and their solutions on generating awareness on this issue, to an esteemed panel of judges:
- H.E. Mr Niclas Kvarnström, Ambassador of Sweden, Embassy of Sweden Singapore
- Mr David Chua, CEO, National Youth Council
- Ms. Esther An, Chief Sustainability Officer, City Developments Limited
- Ms. Christina Lee, Founder & CEO, Global Green Economic Forum
- Ms. Isabella Chia, Vice President, Group Corporate Communications, OCBC
- Ms. Jessica Cheam, Founder & Managing Editor, Eco-Business
The standard of the finalists’ entries and presentations were superb and the award was highly competitive. However, two finalists stood out with their insightful and mature presentations. Ang Qing Sheng and Woon Xin Hui were the winners of the CDL E-Generation Challenge 2019, while Stephanie Dickson was awarded a Merit position.
The trio joined ClimateForce: Arctic 2019, an exciting 12-day expedition led by Sir Robert Swan, one of the world’s greatest living explorers, and the first person to walk to both the North and South Poles. The expedition was co-led by Sir Swan’s son Barney, the first person in history to walk to the South Pole powered entirely by renewable energy.
To see what the CDL E-Generation Challenge winners and merit awardee are doing with their experiences, join the FB and IG community now!